Are you missing out on the benefits of Free School Meals?
In the current climate, more people will be eligible to apply. You need to check if you qualify for Free School Meals. During the rollout of Universal Credits, if you are eligible for free school meals at any time between 1 April 2018 and the end of the rollout of Universal Credits (currently due to end March 2024), you will receive free school meals over that period, regardless of any change in circumstances over that period. Your child will continue to receive free school meals until the end of the phase of education that they are in when the Universal Credit rollout is completed (primary or secondary school).
Qualifying for Free School Meals also brings other benefits, including free milk and additional funding linked to your child to support their education (Pupil Premium).
During the current school closure, families who are eligible for Free School Meals are receiving a weekly £15 shopping voucher for each child.
Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work fewer hours per week
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
If you think might qualify, apply online at https://www.suffolk.gov.uk/children-families-and-learning/schools/school-meals-uniforms-and-trips/apply-for-free-school-meals/
Parents of children in Reception and Key Stage 1 who receive Universal Infant Free School Meals and the school is closed due to coronavirus will not receive a meal unless applied and eligible due to low income.
Don’t miss out!