Update 18th June 2020
Following the Government’s decision to postpone the second phase of re-opening we have been reviewing our current procedures and risk assessments to determine what provision we can offer under the current guidelines. Following this review and in-light of a relaxing of some lockdown protocols, we have made the following decision:
- We will maintain the current social distancing procedures we have in place.
- All children currently in school will be able to retain their place under the current arrangements until the end of the Summer Term.
- No classroom will accommodate more than 10 children. Staggered start and finish times will remain in place.
- Siblings will no longer have to be in the same bubble group.
- We will offer additional places to a small number of pupils who are most at risk of falling behind in their learning as a result of an extended period of absence from school. Children who accept the invitation will return to school on Monday 29th June.
- We will offer additional places to children in the Reception Class who did not return to school on 8th June. Children who accept the invitation will return to school on Monday 29th June.
- We are unable to offer places to any more children in Years 1 and Year 6.
- We are unable to reopen Years 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Whilst we appreciate some families will be disappointed with this decision, it has been made with the safety and wellbeing of all children, staff and families as the priority. Hopefully, the national picture will continue to improve and we will be able to welcome all children back in September.
Please contact school if your family requires any additional support.
Alun Davies (Headteacher)